Sunday 12 April 2009

Return of the Transplant Kid.

I actually thought I’d forgotten the password to this thing and lo and behold I had. IT being what it is, it took delight in pointing out it had a better memory than me and voila – here I am 15 months later updating my blog to an audience of zero. Ah well, I find myself ever so amusing and so that will do for now.

I don’t have the courage to admit that I failed practically ALL of my resolutions – apart from the fags. They are well and truly done for good. Don’t miss them. See ya. Etc etc. I even have started to hate smokers so my conversion to the dark side is almost complete. Bill Hicks would weep. Were he not dead.

So…40.

It was pretty special. Mrs T and I went to California, had a ball and made it to best restaurant in the world number 2# “The French Laundry”, where Thomas Keller and his gang of uber-polite chums made me and Mrs T very very happy. The food was, to quote MTV “the bomb”. As was Cali. Sun, sea, sand, wine, scenery, the lot. One day baby…one day.

So now, here I am. Nearly half way into 40 and well… the wheels came off for a bit but I’ve glued them back on. Life is a lot healthier. No booze, no fags, no salt etc etc 20kg lost in 2 months and powering onwards and downwards.

I decided on no resolutions this year, and bearing in mind how few of last years got done, all I can really do is carry them over and see how we go.

So from 2008 we have:

- try and kick the ciggies down to maybe 5 a month; (sorted)
- make it to Italy with Mrs Transplant for a couple of weeks; (again, Cali did the trick)
- see the Lakers in New York with Steve; (on the cards)
- poker in Vegas with the fellas; (less likely)
- New bathroom (God I hate it); (please god – it’s still awful)
- one or two others not for public consumption. (no memory of these…)

I’ll add

- try and post on here more often;
- relax man… everything is going to be OK;
- see more of the olds;
- and the chaps;
- make Ferran Adria my slave for one night;
- more poker with the LPM gimps.

Will I make it? Lets see how we go.

No comments: